September 4, 2014 by 250 Beers
In what is shaping up to be a very busy September in Brisbane (shameless plug for a certain local beer events calendar), Archive Bar’s Armakeggon – a day of amazingly crazy beers – falls slap-bang in the middle it.
Last year was my first Armakeggon having missed the previous two years. I certainly won’t be missing the opportunity this year. For what is an extremely busy day for the organisers and staff, it is a very well run event. Details how to obtain your ticket are at the foot of this media release (I’ve also listed the 50+ special beers just for you)…
THE CRAFT BEER EXTREMISTS ARE TAKING OVER AT ARMAKEGGON 2014!
Attention beer lovers everywhere: it is time to pay homage to the nectar of the gods; to give thanks for its magical qualities and to understand how pivotal beer has been in the progress of civilisation as we know it! It’s time for Armakeggon 2014 – the ultimate Beer Tribute Event – hosted by the highest beer powers in the city – the team behind Archive Beer Boutique at West End!
Archive Beer Boutique’s fourth annual beer-fest – Armakeggon – will be held on Sunday September 14 at the home of boutique beers, with more than 50 beers on tap throughout the day to end The Great Thirst from the hoppiest of IPAs to the most imperial of stouts.
What would you be doing if you knew the Epic Apocalypse was on it’s way? Would you be calling all of your buddy’s to tell them that “Mine is bigger than yours”?? Play pass the parcel with a Ridgey Didge group of ducks? Ask General Jackson, Why Can’t IBU? Listen to your favourite Backstreet Boys album 777 times on repeat? Or like so many others, begin Operation Paralysis and find yourself consuming the very best of beverages before we all turned into Dark Matter?! While September 14th may not bring upon the end of the world, for those who enjoy the most delicious craft beers and ciders, this annual Archive beer fest more affectionately known as ARMAKEGGON is back! With over 50 extreme local and imported Unexploded Bombs being poured throughout the day, if by chance a Watermelon Warhead does drop come Monday morning, you’ll be guaranteed to have gone out Comfortably Numb (and we’ll Provide the Corn Chips!).
Brisbane’s most talented musicians will be playing throughout the day, taking you on a musical journey through the Space Frontier, with sounds that will leave you feeling Superfuzzy.
Operations Manager, Mitchell Pickford has also given the guys from Green Beacon Brewing a hand in creating a hoptastic brew, “Armakeggon is Utopia for everyone who enjoys craft beer and cider, from the ultimate beer nerd to those just starting their flavour enlightenment. Showcasing the weird and wonderful side of some of Australia and the world’s best craft breweries, the beers and ciders on offer cover a range of styles and flavours and demonstrate just how creative beer and cider can be,” he said. You’ll be sailing the Seven Seas in an attempt to get your hands on more! You’d have to be Dangerously close to stupid to miss out!
Archive Beer Boutique, 100 Boundary Street, West End.
Sunday 14 September, 2014 from 10am until 6pm
Tickets are $30 each pre-sale, $50 with T-Shirt or $40 on the day (price include $10 worth of drink tickets). Tickets are on sale NOW! Simply click here.
Here are the 50+ rather special beers:
1. HOLGATE – UXB UNEXPLODED BOMB DOUBLE ESB
2. CROOCKED MOON – SIMPLISTIC PIMPSHIT BRETT IPA
3. STILLWATER ARTISANAL – WHY CAN’T IBU?
4. CAVALIER – COFFEE IMPERIAL STOUT 2014
5. 8 WIRED – FARMHOUSE PALE
6. SIX STRINGS – GOTHIC IMPERIAL STOUT
7. ROGUE FARMS – 7 HOP IPA
8. WILD BEER – EVOLVER IPA
9. EPIC APOCOLYPSE – BLACK IPA
10. BRIDGE ROAD/8 WIRED COLLABORATION – NIEUW BRUIN COGNAC BARREL AGED BROWN ALE
11. FLYING COUCH – DARK MATTER IMPERIAL STOUT
12. BREWFIST/ToOL – SPACE FRONTIER
13. To ØL – MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
14. DOCTORS ORDERS/SIXPOINT – OPERATION PARALYSIS
15. THORNBRIDGE – VALRAVIN
16. PRAIRIE – PRAIRIE ALE
17. EVIL TWIN – LIL’ B IMPERIAL PORTER
18. DE RANKE – NOIR DE DOTTIGNIES
19. THE HILLS – HOPPED CIDER
20. EXTRAOMNES/STILLWATER ARTISANAL – MIDGAL BAVEL
21. FERAL – WATERMELON WARHEAD
22. HARVIESTOUN – OLA DUBH 18
23. GREEN BEACON – SEVEN SEAS
24. BYRON BAY BREWING – FIREFACE IMPERIAL SCHWARTZBIER
25. GULDEN DRAAK – 9000
26. ToOl – Dangerously Close To Stupid
27. MOO BREW – BARREL –AGED IMPERIAL STOUT 2012
28. CLOWN SHOES – BLAECORN UNIDRAGON
29. BACCHUS – QUEEN ANNE’S REVENGE IMPERIAL SPICED STOUT
30. ALL INN BREWING – YOU PROVIDE THE CORN CHIPS
31. MOUNTAIN GOAT/BROOKLYN BREWING – RIDGEY DIDGE
32. PINES ALESTARS – COMFORTABLY NUMB
33. NEWSTEAD BREWING – GENERAL JACKSON’S BALTIC PORTER (on the hand pump)
34. RIVERSIDE BREWING – 777
35. NOGNE O – TRIPLE WOOD KNOT BROWN
36. YEASTIE BOYS – POT KETTLE BLACK REMIX 2014
37. BATLOW CIDER – OPA
38. ELYSIAN BREWING – SUPERFUZZ BLOOD ORANGE
39. NORTH COAST BREWING – BROTHER THELONIOUS
40. NOISY MINOR – YALUMBA THE OCTAVIUS BARREL-AGED DORIAN GRAY
41. SUNSHINE COAST – BIG BROWN BEAVER
42. STONE & WOOD – SMOKEY JASPER ALE
43. BRIDGE ROAD BREWERS – B2 BOMBER MACH 4.0
44. HITACHINO NEST – REAL GINGER ALE
45. BROOKLYN BREWING – HAMMARBY SYNDROME
46. NEWSTEAD BREWING – DAVOS CHARDONNAY CIDER
47. FOUNDERS – OLD CURMUDGEON ALE
48. ELYSIAN – DRAGONSTOOTH
49. YOUNG HENRYS – TEXAS HOP POKER
50. THE ROCKS – THE DRUNKEN MONK
51. WHITE RABBIT – JET COW
52. THE ROCKS – THE DRUNKEN MONK
53. HITACHINO NEST – YUZU SAISON
54. WILLIE SMITHS – WILD FERMENT CIDER
55. EPIC – LUPULINGUS
56. ARCHIVE/DIAGEO – THE RANDALL PROJECT
57. WHITE RABBIT – RYE RABBIT ALE